We are equipped to perform a variety of instrumental analyses and sample preparation procedures, including but not limited to:
- Quantification of organic compounds via GC-FID.
- δ15N, δ13C, %N, and %C analysis of bulk material via EA-IRMS.
- δ2H & δ13C of organic compounds via GC-C/HTC-IRMS.
- δ2H & δ18O of water, including matrix bound waters in plant tissues and soil.
- Isolation of organic fractions through flash-column chromatography.
- Extraction of organic compounds from solid matrices via Accelerated Solvent Extraction.
The OSIBL has standard procedures for processing several sample types, including:
- Compound-specific isotope analysis of leaf wax fatty acids/alkanes.
- Alkenones extracted from sediments for temperature reconstructions.
- Sample prep for Glycerol Dialkyl Glycerol Tetraethers (GDGTs) up to, but not including HPLC analysis.
- Bulk sediment %C, %N, δ15N, and δ13C.
- Liquid water filtration and isotopic analysis.
We are open to method development and working with samples other than those listed here